Your privacy is important and we care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our website, www.jrp-editions.com, and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to reuse with another service or organization)
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling
- If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us. We will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account
- Providing and managing your access to our website
- Personalizing and tailoring your experience on our website
- Personalizing and tailoring our products and services for you
- Replying to emails from you
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by logging into your account)
- Analyzing your use of our website and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our website and your user experience
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and offers on our products and services.
We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
- We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
- Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our website.
- We contract with third parties to supply services to you on our behalf. These include payment processing and delivery of goods.
- Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We compile statistics about the use of our website including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymized and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymized data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, when you submit personal data via our website, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details and by managing your account).
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact us for more details at email@example.com.